Chiz Explores the World


The chronicles of my experiences abroad.


Sunday, July 22, 2007

Nightmare on Villa Della Vigna Nuova and Roma

This past week has been a nightmare.

Wednesday all the roommates have a meeting to put everything out in the open. Thursday I come home to a laptop soaked in wine, pigeon shit in my pillowcase and my food tampered with. Who knows what else she fucked with. The director of the Accent programin Florence is giving us no kind of options to deal with our very unfortunate situation. It seems as though the other students are very supportive and want to help me (us) out in our fight against the machine.

On another note...
Rome is amazing.
We watched Nabucco in the Carcalla Baths. It was a more intimate setting in Rome but I don't think anything could compare to the Roman Arena. Today I almost died pushing myself to see all I wanted to see in the Vatican. Coquering a city/state in a half day is quite the task. The sheer volume of art in the Vatican collection is unimaginable. I used my guidebook to give myself a guided tour. I wanted to do this on my own, as my own "pilgrimage". I didn't see the Pope, but I did get an offer to buy my MTV Italy book by Paolo, the owner of the Sistine Bar because they mention him in the book.

St. Peter's is by far the most impressive church I will ever see. The Pantheon was great but more on that later. I picked up a beautiful rosary bracelet for grammy and Amalia's spoon. If all roads lead to Rome than why does Capital Hill face the Vatican? Of all of the Roman ruins made me wonder how civilization occured here while at the same time in America ther are native American tribes as nomads with no written language. I've been in constant contact with Chris and even though I talk to him everyday I still miss him like crazy. I can't wait to see him in Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stalkers/Readers