Chiz Explores the World


The chronicles of my experiences abroad.


Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Saying Goodbye

I can't believe the program is over already. Jen just said goodbye to jump into a taxi for the airport. I didn't want to end it with such a negative entry.

Me, Jess, Helena and Jen went to the beach at Via Reggio and it was fantastic. Since it was a Saturday we wanted to spend the day there. The train ride there was crazy! Oh these Italians. Things always seem like a "Find your own adventure" book. It took us so long to get there and back because we had a hard time figuring out the train schedule.

In the last few days I've enjoyed the very best gelato in town which I later dragged Helena, Jen and Jon to eat. MMM the no name gelataria on the way to Piazza Michaelangelo. I also enjoyed a sunset over the River Arno with Rona, Stephanie, Eric, Ken and Andrew. I have some gorgeous photos. We had a farewell dinner at Mamma Mia and it was incredible. We had penne with meat sauce as the primi piatti and Veal as the secundi and Tiramisu for dessert. I also enjoyed a bottle of wine on the steps of Santa Maria del Fiore aka the Duomo with my roomies. This time we had some forethought to come home and get cups instead of using gelato cups again.

I'll most definitely will not miss the mosquitoes! They are a whole other breed. I've gotten to the point where I have to wait for Helena to wake up before I can finish cleaning so... I'm going to put in my ticket stubs and see what I remember...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stalkers/Readers