Chiz Explores the World


The chronicles of my experiences abroad.


Wednesday, August 08, 2007

And Scene.

My first full day home. My body has given me a run for my money trying to get over this jet lag. So London--

I haven't said anything about London yet.

We took the tube from Paris to London (I forgot to write that earlier) We woke up quite early to catch the bus for our tour. We walked through Westminster Abbey, and it reminded me of Santa Croce with everyone and their mom trying to be buried there. The cool part, since it is the Church of England, it's just Christian so on the outside they had statues of 20th century matyrs, including MLK Jr. We watched part of the changing of the guard. During it, there was a complete black regiment and my first thought was that Britain's military was still segregated. I found out later they were visiting from Jamaica because they are celebrating fifty years of independence from Great Britain.

We then jumped on a river boat and had a guide explain the landmarks around the Thames River. We ended up at the Tower of London, a place where former Kings and Queend used to live, where they had executions and where they now keep the crown jewels.

The stars of Africa are there sitting on the top of one staff (and honestly I couldn't tell where the second one was) 500 carats!
That is amazing!

After Amalia took a million pictures, Chris and I went to have afternoon tea. Scones with cottled cream and traditional English tea with milk. It was so good! We went to meet the family afterwards to take a picture in front of the Tower Bridge. We began to wak back and Chris and I thought we had to meet where she gave us the tickets, but Jens and Amalia and Jon walked to where the bathroom is and we stepped into a sovenier shop. After awhile no one was anywhere. We walked back to where we thought we were supposed to meet and I notice our bus driving away. We wait for awhile and we realize we had been left.

I started to get really sad because I feel like people don't care if they leave me. We decided to take up an offer for 2for1 fish and chips up on the hill from an old woman and their promoters passing out flyers. We split a stella and chill with castle in view. We jumped on the tube back to Notting Hill Gate--the hotel and the family. Jon Amalia and Jens ended up getting back a little later than expected since they got a bus ride back to the headquarters of the tour and then the tube back to the hotel.

I'm tired. I'll finish later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stalkers/Readers