Chiz Explores the World


The chronicles of my experiences abroad.


Tuesday, July 17, 2007

reunited and it feels so good

This past weekend was my excursion to Venice and Verona.

On Thursday Chris came to Firenze early in order to spend more time with me. I skipped Rona's class and went to the train station at 9:30am to meet him when his train arrived. It was like a movie. I thought it would be so difficult to find him but as soon as I walked throught the gates there he was walking straight towards me. We walked to the apartment so I could pick up my map and we could find his hotel. It turns out his hotel is near the train station (Santa Maria Novella)

When we get there his room isn't ready so we drop off his luggage and swing by San Lorenzo's open market. He picked me up some fresh basil, lemons, black pepper and asparagus. Oh I almost forgot! Before that he was extremely hungry so I suggested we go on the other side of the river to find someplace a little less touristy. We ended up walking outrageously far and came back across the river to a little restaurant. We had pizza, pasta, wine and great conversation. I love talking with him.

After all that running around (post-market as well) We decide to open a bottle of wine and hibernate in the hotel room until around seven when we worke up. We knew his family was arriving soon so we cleaned up, grabed the food and headed over to my apartment to drop off the food. While we were there I finished up my laundry while he cooked some aparagus. I made a salad and enjoyed my favorite vegetable with my favorite person.

After, we went to the hotel to meet up with his family for dinner. We went to della Carmine (my favorite restaurant here) everyone really enjoyed their food (so much they ate there the next day too!) Me and the boys met up with Jenn, Carrie and Jessica (the sister in laws) and we went to J.J.'s our frequent late night spot. We chilled on the steps of the Duomo until about one and headed over to the hotel. I stayed with Chris on a tiny twin bed.

I had to wake up early to catch the train to Venice. We woke up earlier than we needed to so I could shower and get some breakfast. After our espresso and and crossaint, he also got me a sandwich and oj for lunch. We headed over to the train station and he got to meet all of my friends in the program. When I was leaving I was so sad leaving him. I'm sleepy now so I'll write about Venice and Verona later....

"As long as I can remember, for all of my spirit's days, All of my journeys have been roads home to you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stalkers/Readers