Chiz Explores the World


The chronicles of my experiences abroad.


Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Are you sure I'm qualified for this?

Third day of training is complete. Pretty intense. I feel like I'm working from 8-5 and still have to come home and prep my mock lessons for the next day. Right now I need food and a distraction, so here I am.

I need to figure out why I'm getting these terrible migraines... I've been blaming them on the SI masks (because they smell funny) or maybe it's the smog. Either way my head is pounding and I don't know how to read Pain Killer in Korean. Kawawa face.

Hump Day.

So excited about the light at the end of this tunnel! I can't wait to move into my new apartment and see the location I'm going to teach at. Although, after the few instances I've had with Korean technology, I'm not sure if I'm qualified to educate children...

Holly (I call her Holry because that's how everyone says her name here) and I plan on attending the MUD FESTIVAL! Chicka Chicka. It starts this weekend and goes through to next weekend, so we just have to figure out how to do it. It looks like so much fun. I can't wait!

Over the weekend, Holry and I met up with Steve, a guy I found out I had a class with at State!
And to make the world even smaller, I met a girl at training who lived in Racine and knows my friend from high school, Munjed. I moved thousands of miles away to meet people from home. Who does that?

So much to see in a city of 11 million. I can cross off Myeong-dong (high end shopping with free beer) Dongdaemun (shopping from 10pm to 5:30am) Hongdae (nightclub central) and Rodeo (too cool for school crowds).
My motto for taking on the city?
I have time.

2 comments:

  1. Hey little Jam! I am so glad you are there safe and sound. Sounds liek your enw adventure is off to a good start. Be good and don't cross any rivers that look suspect! Remember - north bad :( South good :)

    Love you to pieces! Auntie Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. The world is flexible. Some days you feel so microscopic and insignificant, then there are days when you don't even reach six degrees of seperation! Still, I find what you said funny--about moving thousands of miles away to meet people from home. Hah!

    I recently bumped into this guy that directed the first short film I ever particpated in (at SFSU). He was ushering at SJ Rep. Not as bizarre as yours, but this was a guy I haven't seen in nine years!

    At any rate--feel better soon. Post script: Hump day is false advertisement! :P

    ReplyDelete

Stalkers/Readers