Chiz Explores the World


The chronicles of my experiences abroad.


Friday, July 10, 2009

Next Step: Life Basics

If I didn't have to sign my contract today I definitely wouldn't know what the date was. Wow, preparing for today was nerve wracking. Holly and I stayed up until 2:30 this morning prepping our lessons for our final mocks. We knew we had the English Chip down, we made it our bitch! But I was really nervous about the Memory English lessons. We barely had time to prep for it. After a tortuous week of training and pompous arrogance, we have passed! I'M DONE!

Thank god.

I think I would have killed myself if I didn't finish today.

Well, Holly jumped on a train to Daegu where she's assigned and here I am, chillin at my new work place. Sarah is my Branch Manager and she's really nice. This facility is so nice, although that doesn't really surprise me. So many places I've been to in Seoul are beautiful and high-tech.
We had lunch at a mall where there was a waterfall under the staircase!



P.S.
I was just interrupted by a delivery guy.

The local restaurants not only deliver, they do it on real plates and table settings (and sometimes even tablecloths)!

They drop it all off and then come back a little later to pick it all back up.

Awesome.




I've been told I'll be staying at another hotel until my BM can find a smaller apartment for me. There are a couple instructors that have contracts ending and they share a place, but she says it's too big and expensive for just one person.

This next week is going to be quite the adventure. I have to figure out how to open a bank account and use it (student loan payment is quickly approaching), where I'll be living, get my "green" card, and feel out my new work environment. Exciting!

I'll keep you posted :)








1 comment:

  1. man i left you a comment but it didn't save! but in it i said:

    YO YO YIGGITY YO, IT'S VDOGG! take more pictures! glad to see you're having fun! =)

    ReplyDelete

Stalkers/Readers