Chiz Explores the World


The chronicles of my experiences abroad.


Tuesday, November 03, 2009

So, what had happened was...

I have been super MIA. Sorry. It's not that I forgot, it's just so much has been happening so quickly...

I feel a little overwhelmed to talk about everything that's happened so far. So I won't really.

I've seen a few islands, made some really great friends and had more than my fair share of waiting for 5:30am for the subways to open.
I've went home and come back again. Enjoyed explaining American halloween to my students and listening to them explain Chuseok to me. Also, cooking meals for more than just myself.
My apartment feels more like a home.
Slowly exploring more of this city I call home.

I can't believe it's the holiday season. My friends and I are supposed to throw an Expat Thanksgiving dinner, but I'm not sure yet how we'll do it. Where can we eat? Cook a turkey? Even get a turkey??

My intake of non-water beverages that make running into things not hurt has gone up quite a bit. Detox/Rehab weekend is called for. Maybe a temple stay? Or at least away from Hongdae and loud music. I've been getting into too much trouble there!

I'm really enjoying my students. We only have 3 weeks left together :( Then I meet a whole new group to love!

I wonder how I will fit a Christmas Tree into my apartment.  Do they sell trees that small? I already know what I'm giving my students! Woo woo!

Tell me why... It's 31 degrees outside right now and it's supposed to get back up to 70 this weekend? I don't mind, but really? Ondol is soooo awesome.

I'm on to the next one (Thanks Jay-Z)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stalkers/Readers