Chiz Explores the World


The chronicles of my experiences abroad.


Wednesday, November 04, 2009

An Eunpyeong Fall Tale

Today, after I dropped off Jeff in Myeongdong, I enjoy a speedy bus ride back to Eunpyeong. I keep making mental notes to figure out how to take the bus to other locations, but I always forget. It's so nice to see different parts of the city above ground, instead of just subway pillars.

I give myself ample time to arrive back in my neighborhood and walk to work. The last few days have hovered around 30F, so I really enjoy the 55F weather given to me today. I stop off at my swanky local cafe (well, as swanky as you can get in Eunpyeong) and get my regular cappucino. It's nice to see that I have accumulated enough stamps to make my next one free.

I decide to take the scenic route to work, through a narrow, mostly pedestrian street. I'm bundled up in my cardigan, wool scarf and W2000 gloves with my yummy cappucino. I get to walk next to beautiful Ginko Biloba trees changing colors and the brisk breeze blowing leaves past me. I pass by ajumas selling vegetables and talking over Korean dramas in the background. A new nail shoppe opened up recently and I can see them finishing up a new local bank branch. My regular dry cleaner is either closed on Wednesdays, or he's at lunch. I'm a little disappointed because I was looking forward to waving to him as I passed by. A man selling his rice treats from a truck sells me rice cracker snacks I will give to my students today. I look forward to seeing them; I only have three students and they have a very important test. I hope they do well.

<3 Juanita

1 comment:

  1. Ahnyung! Seems like you're enjoying Korea as much as I am! I also love my kids and really want them to level up...Anyhoo, stay warm! This weather is killing me..

    Check out my blog.. It's more of a personal blog and none of my friends know it but sometimes I comment on other people's blog and therefore they can have access.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Stalkers/Readers