Chiz Explores the World


The chronicles of my experiences abroad.


Saturday, July 07, 2007

Death by Cobblestone

After the Symphony that night we all went out... well the main group of young participants aka "The Motley Crue" -which includes me, Helena, Sirena, Lauree and Jen-and got fucked up with some of the Accent folks that came with other schools. There was a special "5 shots for 5 euros" so of course we immediatley being buying rounds and making complete fools of ourselves. Luckily it was an "American" bar so we didn't stick out too much. We made some italian friends Julia and Julia. I thought they were about our age but they were 16!! Craziness. So after most of us need carrying home we end up in our 9 o'clock class with major hangovers. L even fell asleep on the bathroom floor. Ew. haha

Oh, complete side story. So me and my roomates get home and Spacecake is there waiting. (that's Jessica's nickname now) She has this crazy breakdown and smashes a wine bottle and one of the glasses that belonged to the apartment. We decided to talk to Accent about moving her out or what we could do because we were at our rope's end with this girl. Spacecake also decided to dump out Jen's shampoo and open her wine. Oh roomate drama. We knew her boyfriend was coming and we aren't allowed (by Italian law no less) to have overnight guests. She insists that Accent will let him stay and that we won't get in trouble (we could get kicked out of the program if we don't follow this rule) I tell her absolutely not. So anyway... we have this long discussion with one of the directors and she said there was little we could do until she goes completely crazy and fucks up really badly.

Chris came and suprised me. We had lunch but I had to scurry off to Rocky (the Art history teacher) and the rest of the class at the Brancacci Chapel and I learned the difference between these two early Renassance artists (I won't go into too much detail) but the best part is when we go to Santa Maria Novella and we see the first fresco made with a linear perspective "The Holy Trinity" by Masaccio. Now, I know it sounds nerdy, but it was so eyeopening. I swear we could have been fliming the Da Vinci Code part two when Rocky explained all the crazy shit behind it. When I get back I'll explain it to you. Damn.

We, the Boston architect school and ourselves, went to San Gimignano and Siena yesterday. I am so burnt to the point where my skin in falling off my body since I haven't had sunscreen since that day on the beach in Barcelona. Stupid. I learned all about Saint Catherine and I saw where she was born and where she lived and also... her skull and her thumb. Lots of places in Italy have parts of Saints in different churches ( I saw John the Baptists arm later) Kinda creepy, but kinda cool at the same time. There is this horse race in Siena every 7th of July and each district (these have been in place since the middle ages) competes, the Goose district won this year so their district's flag was flying everywhere and people were wearing the banner around their necks. It was quite festive :)

Went out again last night. I decided I did not want to be drunk like I was the other day so I only had a few drinks. Everytime Helena drinks she forgets what happened the next day and we have to fill her in on the ass she made of herself. haha

This morning though, Spacecake walks in and we have a discussion about the situation we're in. I think now we're at a pretty good point. The Motley Crue is trying to make dinner at the other apartment tonight-Sirena is an amazing cook-and I invited her and her boyfriend to join us. Now I just have to talk to the girls and make sure it's alright.

To do:
Buy sunscreen so I don't come back with skin cancer
Buy a cheapo watch because none of us have any concept of time here (no cellphones)
Make nice between Spacecake and Motley Crue
Eat really really really good food tonight :) My favorite part!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stalkers/Readers