Chiz Explores the World


The chronicles of my experiences abroad.


Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I'm in line to buy time

Time is such a weird concept to me now. Now that I've really begun working I've realized the hours I keep are better than what they were in college (considering just my school schedule). I'm able to stay out until 4-5am and wake up at noon with time to spare before I have to leave for work. Awesome. Also, talking to folks back home is a time traveling experience. When they start their day, I'm ending mine and vice versa. I've been thinking about trying to keep more reasonable hours so I can do things during the day, but it's so godforsakenly hot!

Mud Festival. What a great festival! Where else can you mud wrestle, take a mudbath, throw pottery and swim in the warm beautiful ocean with no one looking at you funny? Most definitely will have to go again next year. I was also lucky enough too meet a great group of people on the bus ride there and spent the weekend with them along with Holly and Elisha. We should be getting together again for the International Fireworks Festival this weekend in Pohang. Yay!

My new apartment, albeit small, is perfect. When I first walked into it I was a little turned off that it wasn't totally clean. I've been told in Korea people don't clean apartments when they move out of them. The first thing I did was make a run for E-Mart (it used to be owned by Wal-Mart so you get the idea of what it is) for some cleaning supplies. Now it's clean with almost all my basic necessities, except food. It's mine. I can't wait to get paid so I can have a housewarming party!

2 comments:

  1. A slice of your own. Wonderful. Glad to read that you're enjoying yourself, despite the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo homie! I'm glad that you're settling in well and that things have been going well thus far. Send me your address when you get the chance; I wanna send you something. Oh yeah, and thanks for reading my blog. I appreciate your comments.

    ReplyDelete

Stalkers/Readers