Chiz Explores the World


The chronicles of my experiences abroad.


Monday, November 16, 2009

Bobbing my head in The HearNow

So today I'm writing about something different. I'm a little homesick and music seems to be the best way to keep me connected. (besides skype that is) and here we gooooooooo........



On Tuesday, November 17 iLL-Literacy's new album, iB4the1.1, is dropping for FREE-99! Now, if you know me at all, you know I love love love me something for free. This is not some weak iTunes single of the week kind of free, this is--I'd pay full price at Creative Music for this album, but I don't have to because it's free--kind of free. Yippieeee!!

This artist collective started out in the Bay (oh how I miss home sweet home) but they're now located in Brooklyn, and they're showing them how it's done. They believe that music is inspired by the world around them, and since they get that inspiration for free, they're giving their music away for free. Amazing right?

This album is being released in three parts; I liken it to chapters in a book.  This is the first chapter. There are five tracks. If you must, you can preview it on iLL-Literacy's site before you download, but it's free so I don't understand why you wouldn't just download it.

My favorite track off this album is entitled The HereNow.  It features Passion, a Bay Area Pinoy singer/songwriter/musician that I've always loved.  It's been on heavy rotation on my iPhone since they released it as a single and stuck in my head when my headphones aren't in.  If your head doesn't start bobbing when you press play.... I don't know if we can still be friends.  :)

At any rate, check it out. Make up your own mind. Then let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. The ad is hella dope! Did drizz do that for you?

    ReplyDelete

Stalkers/Readers