Chiz Explores the World


The chronicles of my experiences abroad.


Saturday, December 26, 2009

Aneyo Snow! Hafa Adai Guam!

Merry Christmas Guam!

I am so glad Geoff was so adamant on finding a place to go for Christmas.  Just a week ago we were talking about Taiwan. This is so much better! Since he travels so much for work he has all of these perks. Good thing he likes to share with friends! He knew Im on a budget so he generously offered to take care of half of my flight and everything else the rest of the weekend.

When we got to the airport we hung out in the Hub lounge and ate free food, drank free beer and waited for our flight. Since he's Morning Calm status on Korean Air, we didn't have to wait in the same line and when we started to board they upgraded us to business class!! Woo hoo! They served a multi-course dinner and I prepped for my winter intensive class.

We arrived around 2am and caught a cab to the hotel. Again, since he's platinum status with Starwood they upgraded us to a corner, beach front ocean view room. We also got Royal Beach Club wrist bands (gold-clubbing type) but what that allows us access to we're still unsure.  I have been way too excited/jetlagged/swollen to sleep so I've just been watching CNN & BBC news. Yay for American Territories! I've been able to watch the sunrise, unpack my whole three pieces of clothing and brew a pot of coffee.  I hope he wakes up soon because I'm hungry for breakfast! I'm in Guam! WOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stalkers/Readers